Bitmaker is Canada’s largest technology skills accelerator.
Startup accelerators launch companies. We launch careers. It starts by surrounding you with a cohort of highly motivated, entrepreneurial learners and a team of tech industry leaders. Then we teach you the skills top companies are looking for and give you the confidence you need to grow long after your course is over.
Our team is comprised of top industry veterans who have experience at Shopify, General Assembly, Wealthsimple, Wave, and Pivotal Labs. With top instructors comes top results. Over 90% of our hundreds of full-time graduates launch a career in technology within 3 months of graduating.
We believe that in the right environment, you can do anything.
The admissions team is on the frontline of our business. As a member of this team, you are responsible for both making a great first impression to prospective students and maintaining strong relationships as they decide.
Every day, you’ll talk to people who are thinking about changing their lives. You’re their advisor – you help them make the right decision and pick the right course. While you are not their instructor, you are a critical contributor to their success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond promptly to inbound inquiries from prospective students
- Participate in direct marketing efforts
- Conduct interviews for prospective full-time students
- Attend student events and workshops to provide helpful information to prospective students
- Help organize student events, communicate important information to students, and make announcements in the classroom when needed
- Own targets and manage a robust sales pipeline; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Managing a sales pipeline through a leading CRM
- Confidence pitching to in both one-to-one and one-to-many situations
Skills and qualifications:
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise, admissions or recruiting
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Driven by meeting numbers and experience exceeding quotas, driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical situation
- Good communication skills and an outgoing attitude
- A strong understanding of the Toronto tech community
Nice to haves:
- An understanding and appreciation for code and design – you don’t need to be a developer or designer, but you need to understand our students and represent our courses accurately
- Ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Love the spotlight and being around people
- Competitive personality ideal
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The satisfaction of helping hundreds and hundreds of students start new careers
- Work out of our beautiful 8,000 sq ft brick and beam office, directly across from Roy Thompson Hall on King Street
- Upgrade your skills: All Bitmaker employees get access to our part-time courses for free