Bitmaker is Canada’s largest technology skills accelerator.
Startup accelerators launch companies. We launch careers. It starts by surrounding you with a cohort of highly motivated, entrepreneurial learners and a team of tech industry leaders. Then we teach you the skills top companies are looking for and give you the confidence you need to grow long after your course is over.
Our team is comprised of top industry veterans who have experience at Shopify, General Assembly, Wealthsimple, Wave, and Pivotal Labs. With top instructors comes top results. Over 90% of our hundreds of full-time graduates launch a career in technology within 3 months of graduating.
We believe that in the right environment, you can do anything.
You will be an assistant instructor for the UX & Product Design course at Bitmaker. Students join this program to augment and add skills, with the purpose of starting into a UX design career. Through the combination of immersive education and career support, over 90% of Bitmaker’s full-time students start new careers through the program.
Your role will be a combination of:
- Delivering interactive lessons and conducting learning exercises in morning lectures
- Providing instruction and mentorship to students in afternoon work sessions
- Contributing to iteratively improving curriculum
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of UX design experience, preferably with time in both agency and product team settings
- Up-to-speed with the popular tools in the workplace like Sketch, Framer, and InVision
- Previous teaching or mentorship experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Prepare for and deliver compelling lectures to students
- Work with the instruction team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Guide students through the creation of a project portfolio that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers
- Inspire students to learn from constructive feedback and overcome creative roadblocks
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation in line with many quality design roles
- Meaningful work, impacting the careers and lives of hundreds of students per year