Bitmaker is Canada’s largest technology skills accelerator.
Startup accelerators launch companies. We launch careers. It starts by surrounding you with a cohort of highly motivated, entrepreneurial learners and a team of tech industry leaders. Then we teach you the skills top companies are looking for and give you the confidence you need to grow long after your course is over.
Our team is comprised of top industry veterans who have experience at Shopify, General Assembly, Wealthsimple, Wave, and Pivotal Labs. With top instructors comes top results. Over 90% of our hundreds of full-time graduates launch a career in technology within 3 months of graduating.
We believe that in the right environment, you can do anything.
The Outcomes Coordinator connects students with the career-changing opportunities that separate Bitmaker from traditional education programs. From preparing students with the career skills that help them get noticed to providing ongoing, personalized career assistance for our graduates, you help people realize their potential. Whether in the classroom or getting students into startup offices, you complement our amazing curriculum with a singular focus on the outcomes of our students.
You will also be involved in managing relationships with companies that support what we do at Bitmaker, including running our hiring week and post-graduation alumni placement assistance.
We have big ambitions and these are early days. Join us in our mission to change the face of education in Canada and beyond.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support Bitmaker graduates during and after their time in the program with personalized career advice and opportunity curation.
- Plan and execute an amazing ‘hiring symposium’ to connect students with employment opportunities.
- Manage the schedule and delivery of Bitmaker’s talent development curriculum including site visits, class guests, and skill-building workshops. Iteratively improve career support curriculum.
- Attend community events, network and represent Bitmaker in the community. Build relationships with companies that will employ Bitmakers and support our education initiatives.
- Provide assistance to the marketing team for partnerships, strategy, content marketing, and social media.
- Coordinate with the teaching staff on the progress and career goals of students to help improve outcomes from day one.
- You get things done and are motivated at your core to help others. Ambition, motivation, and execution are some of our core values.
- You love people. You can network and connect with anyone. Your charisma is the face of our business. You’re able to sell our vision and convert anyone into an advocate of our mission, from government officials to hiring partners to a passerby on the street.
- You’re comfortable in front of large groups.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You know how to prioritize a to-do list that’s in constantly in flux. You enjoy variety and love to tackle big projects.
Skills and qualifications:
- Organization and scheduling is one of your strengths. Your world is built around checklists and calendars. You have experience managing the logistics of events or conferences.
- Connecting people is what you excel at – “if you’re looking for someone with those skills, I have the perfect person in mind!” is a phrase you use frequently. You’re an avid networker and you’ve been able to link people with potential employment opportunities in the past.
- The majority of your professional relationships are deep and long lasting. You’re not interested in brief, superficial interaction with others and have demonstrated commitment to assisting people pursue their passions.
- Highlighting the accomplishments of others is nothing new to you. You understand using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for business promotion. You may not be an expert at social media, but you’re eager to learn.
- You get compliments on your attention to detail. You understand that a resume needs to be typo-free, carefully-formatted, and tailored to prospective employers. You can easily spot and fix these errors when editing the work of others.
Nice to haves:
- Active participation in the Toronto tech community.
- Prior work in a startup – you love the pace.
- Comfort being in the spotlight and being around people.
- Experience writing journalistically or sharing content within a company's established brand (i.e. managing a company blog).
- Passion for technology and development, with an understanding for the problem our courses are designed to solve.
- Understanding and appreciation for coding – you don’t need to be a developer, but you need to understand our students and represent our courses accurately.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full benefits package
- The satisfaction of helping hundreds and hundreds of students start new careers
- Work out of our beautiful 8,000 sq ft brick and beam office, directly across from Roy Thompson Hall on King Street
- Upgrade your skills: All Bitmaker employees get access to our part-time courses for free