Bitmaker is Canada’s largest technology skills accelerator.
Startup accelerators launch companies. We launch careers. It starts by surrounding you with a cohort of highly motivated, entrepreneurial learners and a team of tech industry leaders. Then we teach you the skills top companies are looking for and give you the confidence you need to grow long after your course is over.
Our team is comprised of top industry veterans who have experience at Shopify, General Assembly, Wealthsimple, Wave, and Pivotal Labs. With top instructors comes top results. Over 90% of our hundreds of full-time graduates launch a career in technology within 3 months of graduating.
We believe that in the right environment, you can do anything.
You will be a lead instructor and team manager for the UX & Product Design course at Bitmaker. Students join this program to augment and add skills, with the purpose of starting into a UX design career. Through the combination of immersive education and career support, over 90% of Bitmaker’s full-time students start new careers through the program.
At the core of your role will be:
- Providing instruction and mentorship to students
- Coordinating the instruction team to deliver quality lessons
- Managing iterative curriculum revision process
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of UX design experience, preferably with time in both agency and product team settings
- Up-to-speed with the popular tools in the workplace like Sketch, Framer, and InVision
- Previous teaching or mentorship experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Continuously improve curriculum for the UX & Product Design course offering, including creating lectures and assignments to foster the development of in-demand skills
- Manage the team of lecturers and mentors to iterate on curriculum based on classroom feedback
- Run weekly team meetings to organize staff and keep tabs on student progress
- Prepare for and deliver compelling daily lectures to students
- Work with the instruction team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Provide meaningful feedback to students for assignments and other course work
- Implement systems to ensure students receive assignment feedback in a concise, timely way from instruction team
- Guide students through the creation of a project portfolio that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community
- Inspire students to learn from constructive feedback and overcome creative roadblocks
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary in line with many quality design positions
- Quality benefits package
- Meaningful work, impacting the careers and lives of hundreds of students per year